How to print custom designs onto glass
Printing your own designs onto glass surfaces using inkjet and laser waterslide decal paper and dry rub off decal sheets.
Transporting your ideas and designs onto glass can be both rewarding and inspiring. There are no limits as to what can be achieved with a little imagination.
Our range of either waterslide paper or dry rub off paper will help you to quickly transfer your own prints onto glass.
Why settle for plain ordinary glass around your home when you can beautify with custom designs or any picture that you have available.
Mirrors, cake stands, glasses and glass wall arts are just a handful of ideas that you could try. Take the mirror above for example made up of four A4 size panels. To create something similar would require two to three A4 sheets of either clear Inkjet or Laser waterslide decal paper followed by six simple steps:
- Open up a plain word document or photo program and flip to landscape, then proceed to insert your own pictures or designs onto the page. As you can see, the tree could be made up with three pages of A4. When you are happy that the tree has filled each page – save your work and then print out onto the shiny side of your decal paper.
- Next, wait around 30 minutes for the print to dry. When I have lots of glass print decals to make, I sometimes use a hot air dryer to speed up the process.
- Once dry, cut out your glass print decals using either scissors or a craft knife and place onto some newspaper or a spare large cardboard box, ready to spray with a few coats of clear acrylic spray.
- Hold your can of acrylic spray around 30cm away from your decal and give it a quick spraying over, keeping the spray can moving consistently with two or three horizontal movements followed by two or three vertical movements. Don’t overdo the spraying or go over again as any missed sections will be picked up on the next coat. Repeat this process three times with ten-minute breaks in between applying coats.
- Once dry, your decal can be placed into water and remain protected by the varnish. Leave in water for around 30 seconds until the paper backing slips off in your fingers.
- Apply your glass print decal onto your mirror or glass surface and gently smooth over with your fingers and thumbs removing all of the water that’s left under your decal. Now simply leave to dry and set.
We’ve introduced five A4 sheets of clear Inkjet waterslide decal paper for £6.79
ADD TO BASKET
Laser printer users, try our clear Laser waterslide decal paper. Five sheets for £8.39
ADD TO BASKET
More Print on Glass Products
We have three products that work perfectly for printing your own pictures or designs onto glass.
The first, you’ve seen is our clear Inkjet waterslide decal paper above.
Dry Rub Off Decal Paper
The second is rapidly becoming our best selling product called Dry rub off decal paper which works superbly when applied to glass, wood, plastic or card.
Dry rub is also growing to be very popular with miniature model makers, for example, making decals for dolls houses and cards.
There is no need to apply spray varnish or dip into water. Simply follow the full instructions provided for perfect decal prints onto glass.
We have five sheets of dry rub off decal paper available for £9.79
Suitable for both inkjet and laser printers.
ADD TO BASKET